Latin Street presents:
Ladies Tropical Sundays @ The Apartment Lounge
Hosted by Brittany Jana'e
Ladies enter Free before 11p by texting Apartment to 545454!
Cool loft-party vibe. Decked out with comfortable beds, reclining love seats, fireplaces and even a kitchen.
DJs Just Jacob & AC spin Bachata, Salsa & Tropical beats!
Salsa & Bachata lesson by Tony Ovalle at 8:30p
8/13, 8/20 & 8/27: Pro-Am Salsa Showcase prelim at 11:30p!
$4 Modelos & Coronas
$5 Don Julio & Roca Patron Anejo
$7 Cosmos & Appletinis
$7 20oz Long Island, Strawberry & Mango Iced Teas
$10 23oz Bachatarita … It’s back!
Nachos, Wings, Soutwestern Egg Rolls & more!
21 & Over. Dress to impress. $8 door.
Reduced cover list? Go to LatinStreetGuestList.com
or click above.
VIS Card members get in FREE all night.
It sits right above Lion Head Pub!
Want to celebrate your B-Day tropical style?
No cleanups, no hassles! Call us to reserve your date!
Pro-Am Salsa Showcase Dance Contest 2017
Prelims: 7/30, 8/6, 8/13, 8/20 & 8/27
FINAL: Sun 9/10
1st: $600, 2nd: $300, 3rd: $100 + trophies to all dancers
1st place couples will also receive a dancers pass at The World Salsa Summit 2018 in Miami & fees covered for 1 competition category.
Judged by a World Salsa Summit panel of judges.
1. A Pro dancer and an amateur dancer can dance together as a couple. 2 amateur dancers may also compete and a Pro dancer may compete with several different amateurs as well.
2. For this contest a Pro dancer is anyone who has ever been paid to teach or perform any style of dance (Not just Salsa). An Amateur who has won 2 Pro-AM Salsa competitions since January of 2016 is also considered a Pro.
3. Pre-registration is necessary. Please sign-up at the Dj booth with Andres before 10p on the day you plan to compete or email [email protected]
and register via email. All registration forms must be completed before you dance. If you register 24 hrs advance, your name will be at the door to be a guest on the night you compete. if nobody signs up in advance, the prelim will be skipped.
4. Couples may qualify with a free-style social dance to DJs music or a choregraphed piece during all prelims & judged by audience applause.
5. The final will have a Social freestyle portion (Round 1) & a choreographed piece (Rounds 2 & 3). The Audience will be 1 judge during the final.
6. Choreographies should be no less than 1.5 minutes and no more than 2.5 minutes long. This includes optional entrance and/or exit music. Judging starts when music starts.
7. Couples may choose to skip all preliminary rounds and go straight to the final round by paying an entrance fee of $75 per couple.
8. A minimum of 3 couples will be selected per preliminary round to move to the final. A minimum of 8 couples are required to execute the final round.
9. All previous Salsa Open Champions, at events produced by Latin Street Music & Dancing, may qualify for the final round by rsvp via email to the producer Andres Meneses and confirmed to compete.
10. There is no limitation for types of moves. Everything is allowed.
11. Any dancer may participate with other partners as separate independent couples.
12. All the judging criteria are the same as the World Salsa Summit. Dancers will get judged on timing, level of difficulty, appearance, connection & technique. The judging concentration is on the Amateur dancer, but some judging criteria applies to both dancers.
13. All decisions are final & no refunds allowed.