2/7! Latin Street Dancing presents:
Legendary Salsa Wednesdays @ Vintage Lounge
Classic Salsa Dura in the heart of Little Italy!
Salsa & Bachata lesson by Charles Gibbs at 9:30p sharp
$350 Salsa jack N' Jill & last chance to qualify for Amateur Salsa Contest prelim at 11p!
DJ Papi & Escandalo Gomez spin Salsa, Bachata & Tropical
$2 chicken, beef or fish tacos
$1 Tecate cans
$4 Corona & Modelo
$5 Patron shots & Margaritas
21+. No Cover. Dress to impress.
Kitchen closes at 11:30p.
$500 Amateur Salsa Contest 2018
Prelims: 1/3, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31 & 2/7
1st: $300, 2nd: $150, 3rd: $50 + trophies to all finalists!
Oscar Galant & Rebecca Mhyre
Becky Medina & Markus Reynolds
Kristal Pitts & Daniel Cuevas
Kristal Pitts & Javier Soto
Fabian Aguilar & Katie Pierce
1. It's an Amateur dance contest. For this contest, Amateur dancers are those who have not ever been paid to perform nor teach any Latin Dance. Any dancer who has placed 1st on 2 consecutive Amateur Salsa contests in the span of 24 months, will also be considered not elegible to participate.
2. Pre-registration is necessary. Please sign-up at the Dj booth with Andres before 9:30p on the day you plan to compete or email [email protected]
and register via email. All registration forms must be completed before you dance. If you register 24 hrs advance, your name will be at the door to be a guest on the night you compete.
3. This a social dance/freestyle contest. No choreographies are required. All dancing will be done to the DJs music, at the producer's discretion.
4. All Preliminary rounds will be judged by audience applause. The final will be judge by a panel of qualified judges and the Audience will be considered 1 judge.
5. Couples may choose to skip all preliminary rounds and go straight to the final round by paying an entrance fee of $50 per couple.
6. A minimum of 3 couples will be selected per preliminary round to move to the final. A minimum of 8 couples are required to execute the final round.
7. There is no limitation for types of moves. Everything is allowed.
8. Any dancer may participate with other partners as separate independent couples.
9. Judging criteria Includes: Timing (22%), Musicality (13%), Technique (13%), Connection (13%), Level of Difficulty (13%) & Overall Presence (13%) + Audience reaction (13%)
10. All decisions are final & no refunds allowed.