It's winter in Chicago- come out and enjoy it! Have fun while enjoying all the wonder of nature at the 13th annual Polar Adventure Days at Northelry Island. It's Free!
This seasons dates are:
December 16, 2017, January 20, 2018 and February 24, 2018
Noon to 4 pm.
Explore Northerly Island and come face-to-face with live animals, engage in winter activities, and create nature-inspired crafts. See the full list of activities below. Dress for the weather as events take place both outdoors and inside of the Visitor Center.
Take part in the following activities at Polar Adventure Days:
• Tour the Northerly Island Natural Area during Winter
• See Siberian huskies, wolves, and other live animals
• Encounter birds of prey from Flint Creek Wildlife Rehabilitation
• Explore the island on snowshoes (if there's snow)
• Enjoy a treat at the CLIF Kid Healthy Snack Station
• Sip hot cocoa while strolling across the prairie
Raffle prizes and giveaways provided by Coca-Cola
Northerly Island is located at 1521 S. Linn White Drive, on the Museum Campus. Limited parking is available for $3, cash only, during Polar Adventure Days.