Join the Pilsen Community for:
A DECOLONIAL OPEN MIC for the People
Mon. Jan. 22nd 6PM
La Catrina Cafe
1011 W. 18th Street
This month we will have local artist and educator Isaura Flores running circle and serving as host!
● 6PM — 9PM — Sign Up at the Event.
● Poetry — Music — Statements — Storytelling — Dance
● Jam Session 8-9PM — Bring Instruments
● This is a SAFE SPACE for the amplification of Black+Brown+Indigenous Voices, Stories and Artforms.
● Themes: Indigeneity, Blk+Brwn Identity, Brujx Medicine, Survival, Culture, Resistance, Gentrification, Healing, Gender Equality, Surviving Under Colonialism.
● ALL AGES
● $5 Sliding Scale Donation — No One turned away.
● This month all funds will go to sending local womxn to a conference in Chiapas, Mexico this March where they will continue building community across borders.
For more information or if interested in performing contact: