Our annual double triple RFL/GCQ weekend at Steel Wheels — including the OLD GUNS SHOOTOUT!
Avoid the long lines… Pre-Sign Online NOW!!!
Closes at 5:00pm on Friday, February 9th
Check out the video for a 3 minute «how to» for Pre-Registration....there is some info you MUST provide
Friday practice on February 9th from 6-10 pm
Saturday Double points RFL — registration from 2-4pm
Sunday Gold Cup Qualifier — registration from 9-11 am
ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL STANDARD!!!
RFL — no membership is required
Fees: $20 Class or Cruiser
$ 5 Open or Strider
$10 Old Guns (must be registered for class or cruiser also)
GCQ — membership required
Fees: $35 Class or Cruiser
$60 Class and Cruiser
$10 Open or Strider
Host Hotel — Best Western Portage
TOP TEN TIPS FOR YOUR TRIP TO STEEL WHEELS
10) The temperature in the building is set for the rider's comfort at 55 degrees… regardless of how pretty it is outside, the concrete and dirt will feel chilly to spectators — please dress accordingly. Bring a jacket just in case
9) Our concessions is well stocked and affordably priced...we DO NOT accept credit/debit cards for concessions. Nor do we take $20 bills for small purchases (I'll have a cowtail please...) the first hour we are open. We do have Concession Punch Cards available for sale during registration hours...cost is $5/punch card — they never expire and we will take your credit cards, etc in registration for the purchase of the punch cards...they are also handy to hand out to your kids so they don't have to carry back change to you each time.
8) Awards go 1st — 8th place for all classes and opens. Awards offered are trophies, concession tickets, track bucks (used for open and practices) and saver stamps. On Saturday — the Award of the Day is a certificate as this is a fundraising race where proceeds go to the RFL. No other awards will be offered. Sunday at the triple points GCQ — all awards will be offered. That being said — there is always a chance we will run out of trophies — if so — please accept a substitute or fill out a «trophy redemption slip» which will get your trophy ordered asap Our apologies in advance if this happens — sometimes there just isnt anyway to know…
7) Motos are posted as soon as possible after the close of registration. Making sure your age, class and bike number are correct at the time you signup helps in not having any corrections...please be diligent when you sign up to provide us the correct information. Correct bike numbers are a MUST — only Indiana riders may ride State plates; make sure you have your current district number and that it is displayed as 3-4inch BLACK NUMBERS on a WHITE BACKGROUND. This helps is scoring you correctly.
6) Staging is different at the bigger races — we utilize a rope system and moto caller to get to the chutes. We stage 10 — 15 motos ahead...please dont come and hang out in staging early — it blocks the other kids from getting through to their chutes… There are moto stickers available for you to record your moto number and gates — please grab one from the info table and use it. Parents of little ones — you are more than welcome to escort your child to the gate — but you cannot hang out on top of the hill...please step down immediately once your child is in the gate unless the rider is eligible for assistance. And — if you have multiple riders...they must come up at their moto — not earlier with brother or sister. This will assure NO ONE misses a moto due to congestion in the staging and gate area.
5) The indoor is a SMOKE FREE ZONE… and no alcohol is permitted and no one intoxicated will be permitted to stay. If you are a smoker, and go outside the building, please be courteous of the riders and non smokers and pick up your cigarette butts and place them in the bucket.
4) Raffles are going on everywhere! Several parents are raising money for our big REBUILD Roundup by raffling off special items as a way of contributing to the fund. The track will also have 50/50; raffle baskets and several other items for raffle as well… check them all out — there is everythng from a year of free racing to an electric minibike, handgun, a «Fat Boy» bike and a summer season practice pass… come prepared to play and win!!!
3) We are always in need of extra track officials, etc...if that is your thing..please see Jackie or Frank, or stop at the info table to let us know and we will plug you in!
2) Parking… please park in designated parking spots (or risk being towed by the city :( There are also a few areas that are not available as the employees of the surrounding local businesses need to park to get to their jobs. There will be parking attendants to help you and an «unloading/loading» zone so you can unload close to the building before parking.
There will be a parking map posted online and on FB by this Friday
AND FINALLY THE NUMBER ONE TIP FOR THE UPCOMING WEEKEND?????
or CALL 219-406-9833
Presigns open Saturday the 3rd and close at 8pm FRIDAY the 9th — no exceptions.
All RIDERS WHO presigned BEFORE Friday the 9th will be able to practice beginning at 1 pm Saturday and 8 AM Sunday…
No phone in registrations at all on Saturday or Sunday…