5/5! Latin Street Music & Dancing & Dobel Tequila present:
Live Salsa vs. Live Bachata!
Angel Melendez 911 vs. Quimika Urbana
Ladies text OVIE to 545454 to get in FREE!
Salsa & Bachata lesson by Maji at 9:30p!
Live music starts with Angel Melendez 911 at 11:00p
Zoe Concert ticket giveaway ($300 value) & $350 Just Dance Bachata prelim at 11:45p…
Live music by Quimika Urbana at midnight.
DJs Papi & Dwight Burr spin Salsa, Bachata, Cumbia & Tropical!
$7 adv/$10 cover after 9p.
21+ Dress to impress
Reduced cover tickets? events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07efbt93enb8ace6e9
Free street parking after 10p
Parking garage available at 165 N. Clinton, $10 all night.
Questions? 312.427.2572 — 312.42.SALSA
Special events coming soon:
5/12: Tito El Bambino & Ivy Queen ticket giveaways, Brandi Utria's B-Day & Latin Street Students Night Out
5/26: Jose Madero @ House of Blues ticket giveaway + $350 Bachata Jack N' Jill Dance Contest
Celebrate your B-Day Tropical Style!
Free entrance for your guests, reserved table & comp bottle of sparkling wine if 8 or more!
No cleanups, we take care of it.
AM «Just Dance» Bachata Contest
Prelims: Every Saturday 4/7-5/5
1st: $300 + trophies
2nd: $150 + trophies
3rd: $50 + trophies
Oscar Galant & Rebecca Mhyre
Francisco Castaneda & Rebecca Mhyre
1. It's an Amateur dance contest. For this contest, Amateur dancers are those who have not ever been paid to perform nor teach any Latin Dance. Any dancer who has placed 1st on 2 consecutive Amateur Bachata contests in the span of the last 24 months, will also be considered not elegible to participate.
2. Pre-registration is necessary. Please sign-up at the Dj booth with Andres before 9:30p on the day you plan to compete or email [email protected]
and register via email. All registration forms must be completed before you dance. If you register 24 hrs advance, your name will be at the door to be a guest on the night you compete.
3. This a social «Just dance»/freestyle contest. No choreographies are required. All dancing will be done to the DJs music, at the producer's discretion.
4. All Preliminary rounds will be judged by audience applause. The final will be judge by a panel of qualified judges and the Audience will be considered 1 judge.
5. Couples may choose to skip all preliminary rounds and go straight to the final round by paying an entrance fee of $50 per couple.
6. A minimum of 3 couples will be selected per preliminary round to move to the final. A minimum of 8 couples are required to execute the final round.
7. There is no limitation for types of moves. Everything is allowed.
8. Any dancer may participate with other partners as separate independent couples. Not more than 2 pther partners.
9. Judging criteria Includes: Timing (22%), Musicality (13%), Technique (13%), Connection (13%), Level of Difficulty (13%) & Overall Presence (13%) + Audience reaction (13%)
10. All decisions are final & no refunds allowed.